Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Life of a Mommy

A while ago I gave up trying to potty train my almost 4 year old son. He is as stubborn as a mule and smart as smart can be when it comes to going potty in the toilet he is the boss and will have the control. We were at a point where he was awesome pooping has never been a problem. He was going in the toilet every time, then he started to regress.

I know boys are harder then girls for the most part and when I asked my Pediatrician when I should expect him to be potty trained. His response "anytime from 3 to 53" LOL I believe him now. As a mother it is hard not to have everything perfect and to listen to everyone who's child potty trained exceptionally fast and with no effort at all. Boy those stories get old fast when you are on the other side of the fence.

A long time ago I decided not to be the mom who forces your child to potty train in anyway that is not of their own free will. My son will potty train on his own, we have given him the tools and now it is up to him to use them. It may take a while but he will do it and when he does it will be done the right way with full confidence on his part.

When you talk to someone who is in my position just remember that we are trying our best and your super success stories make us feel like failures.

No comments: