Saturday, December 24, 2011

Gluten Free for the Holiday's

This will be my second holiday gluten free. The first was Thanksgiving which was a huge test of will and knowledge. My poor mother is trying her hardest to make sure there are gluten free options and when I spoke to her today she admitted she had failed at desserts. I told her it was fine with me I don't mind if I want dessert I will stop and get a yummy dark chocolate bar. I couldn't thank my family enough for bracing this and giving me delicious foods. The hardest thing about the holiday's is the bread products. These are found in everything and I mean almost everything. Lets break down some holiday favorites.


Ok Meats
Ham
Turkey
Roast
Duck

Questionable/Not Ok
Sausage
or any other kind of stuffed/canned meat

Veggies with cheese sauce is ok as long as you use a thickener that is gluten free

Stuffing is a no go unless you get a specific gluten free brand. You can make it yourself if you are up to it



Green Bean Casserole not ok unless you switch up how you make it
Easy Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole

  • 1 large can of French cut green beans
  • 1 can Progresso Creamy Mushroom Soup (it is not condensed, so you don’t need to add liquid)/ or Pacific Natural Foods Cream of Mushroom soup
  • 1  TBS Worcestershire sauce (Lea and Perrins is gluten-free)
  • Salt and Pepper to taste.

I hope to incorporate more recipes and other holiday treats/foods that will make Gluten Free Holiday's better. 

No comments: