Saturday, October 29, 2011

Working While Being a Momma

Well I was officially promoted yesterday to permanent Medical Assistant to the busiest Doctor in the practice!!! and let me tell you it is a very busy practice. Never a dull day or a dull moment in his practice. Needless to say the week flies by and then it is the weekend and I am going "what happened!!!" I guess the week goes smoothly with a schedule so it took a minute but we got one.

On Sunday Night I make sure that my scrubs, Bubba's and Bella's clothes are all put out down to socks and sweatshirts. Then I make the snacks for the next night and get lunch together as well. They have their own little lunch bag and I pack it as full as I can. Their favorite snack is celery with peanut butter!! I get them in the bath so they are fresh for the work week and then I pack Bubba's bag because he is in Pre-K and goes 4 days a week. I get all my morning stuff ready including the coffee pot (who can live with out one of those) Once everything is all packed I write a reminder list of what to grab and where and tape that on the door for hubby!

Every night it is the same routine. When I was a stay at home mom I felt more lost, unorganized. I feel that working and having something for me makes me a better mom. Some people were meant to stay home with the kiddo's. I am not one of those moms, I am the go to work and go hard come home and love my family until bedtime then get everything ready for the next day moms. It took me a long time to get over the stigma of being a working mom and feeling like I don't love my kids enough because I want to work. I look forward to my future work and my future with my kids and I know now I am giving them the best mom they can have.

No comments: